Freeman Classic Range Canopies
The Freeman Cruiser Classic range Canopies are an 'on-the-shelf', economic, ready-made boat canopy that protects the cockpit and crew from all weathers.
Add to your basket...
Freeman Classic Range Canopies Information
The Freeman Cruiser Classic range Canopies are an 'on-the-shelf', economic, ready-made boat hood that protects the cockpit and crew from all weathers and is tailored to specific Freeman models (for example the Freeman 22 Mk1, Freeman 22 Mk2, Freeman 23, and so on).
Please take care to order the correct hood for your particular boat. If you are in anyway unsure please call us as we cannot take responsibility for incorrectly chosen canopies.
Our stock Freeman canopies are made from blue PVC material on the outside and a light grey on the inside.
What is included in a new 'Standard' canopy:
- Main Canopy Section (a large section that runs from bow-to-stern, fitting to the top of the windscreen hood batten and the transom; hood batten sold separately).
- Main Canopy Section Rear Window
- Main Canopy Section Rear Zips (allowing you to roll the rear window up)
- Main Canopy Section Rear Window Stay Tabs with fixing clips (enabling the rear window to be rolled and held up)
- Main Canopy Section Locating Eyelets for Side Curtain attachment (pre-installed locating eyelets running on each side of the main section that helps with fitting)
- Main Canopy Section Canopy Bar/Hoops Velcro Tags (Velcro tags that connects the hood to the hood bars)
- Port and Starboard Side Curtains (with a window and zip on each side)
- Port and Starboard Side Curtain Elastic Cord (pre-inserted elastic cord for fitting the lower part of the side curtains to lacing hooks)
- Boat Canopy Fitting Kit, including:
- Turn Buttons & Backing Plates
- Eyelets & Base Plates
- Push Button Poppers
- Copper Tacks
- Hidem Tape (decorative finishing vinyl tape for the windscreen hood bar join)
- Fitting Guidance Sheet
What colour and material are used?
Stocked Freeman Cruiser hoods are in blue PVC material on the outside, and a light grey on the inside, with clear vinyl windows.
Fitting my new canopy:
Freeman Canopies do need fitting. It is quite simple and well within the means of DIY. All that is required is some consideration and time, probably best likened to hanging patterned wallpaper! A fitting guidance sheet is supplied with each hood to help guide you through.
It is impossible to match the eyelet fittings with the turn buttons on the stern of your boat as they were originally put on by hand in the factory. Leaving out some of the turn buttons and eyelets during the manufacturing stage allows more tolerance for movement and therefore better alignment of the hood to your particular boat.
If you do not wish to fit the hood yourself we can fit the hood to your boat here at Sheridan Marine on the River Thames. If you would like to book a hood fitting please contact us on 01491 652085.
What will I need to help fit my new canopy?
Usually, a craft knife, a block of wood, and a hammer are the only tools required. With a bit of care, a bespoke look can be achieved.
What happens if my existing canopy is not a 'Standard' canopy?
If you are unsure whether your Freeman Cruiser has a 'Standard' fitting hood or not please contact us on 01491 652085. If your canopy configuration is not 'Standard' at the moment you can usually quite easily revert back to our pattern with a little thought.
Please note: The Freeman Cruiser Canopies held in stock are made to a 'Standard' pattern that has been carefully designed. Today, many Freeman Cruisers may well have been adapted, changed, enhanced, and modified since being manufactured so may not be a 'Standard' fit so you may need to make alterations to your existing canopy bar fittings in order to utilise our hoods. It is important to identify the canopy you have before trying to fit a 'Standard' Freeman Canopy. We can only pre-fit certain fittings to the hood. To get the best fit for your Freeman you will need to install the final fixings to the hood for your particular boat. Please also note that we cannot accept the return of a hood once fitting has commenced. It is vital that you measure the new canopy accurately and align everything before starting the installation. If you have any questions please contact us.