Freeman Classic Range Canopies
The Freeman Cruiser Classic range Canopies are an 'on-the-shelf', economic, ready made boat canopy that protects the cockpit and crew from all weathers.
Freeman Classic Range Canopies Information
The Freeman Cruiser Classic range Canopies are an 'on-the-shelf', economic, ready made boat hood that protects the cockpit and crew from all weathers usually suitable for Freeman 22's, 23's, 25's and 26's etc.
We try to carry in stock the vast majority of the Freeman Cruiser Classic range Canopies 'on-the-shelf'. Stock items will be in blue PVC material with two zips for the rear window in the main canopy section (enabling this to be rolled up), two side panels (with a forward window in each panel) and each hood comes complete with a 'standard' fittings kit.
What is included in a new 'Standard' canopy:
- Main Canopy Section (large section which runs from bow-to-stern, fitting to the top of the windscreen and the transome).
- Main Canopy Section Rear Window
- Main Canopy Section Rear Zips (allowing you to roll the rear window up)
- Main Canopy Section Rear Window Stay Tabs with stainless steel poppers (enabling the rear window to be held up)
- Main Canopy Section Stainless Steel Locating Eyelets (pre-installed locating eyelets running on each side of the main section that help with fitting)
- Main Canopy Section Hood Bar Velcro Tags (Velcro tags that connects the hood to the hood bars)
- Port and Starboard Side Curtains (with a window in each side)
- Port and Starboard Side Curtain Elastic Cord (pre-inserted elastic cord for fitting the lower part of the side curtains)
- Boat Canopy Fitting Kit, including:
- Turn Buttons & Backing Plates
- Eyelets & Base Plates
- Push Button Poppers
- Hidem Tape (decorative finishing vinyl tape for the windscreen hood bar join)
- Fitting Guidance Sheet
What colours and materials are available?
Hoods can be made in a variety of colours and materials to order. Although stocked Freeman Cruiser hoods are in blue PVC material other colours of PVC are available. We can also offer the hoods in canvas material in a variety of colours. If you would like to discuss material and colour options please feel free to contact us on 01491 652085.
What extras can I add to my new canopy?
Extras can be requested and made as a special order canopy. Some of the most popular extras are:
- Extra Side Curtain Zips (either one or two zips per side curtain can be added to create different configurations) For example:
- One zip open ended - enables to side curtain to be split in two halves
- Two zips open ended - enables the centre panel to be removed, or, with additional stay tabs, rolled up as a door way
- Two zips closed ended - enables a centre door way
- Internal Window Screens (to enclose the cockpit fully)
- Removable Window Screens - Velcro tabbed to enable full removal
- Roll-up Window Screens - Permanently attached at the top with Velcro tabs securing when closed and stay tabs so that they can be rolled and held up.
Please Note: Pricing for this service is individual. Whilst we can give you a guide price over the phone we will need to discuss your exact requirements with the factory before accurate pricing can be confirmed.
Fitting my new canopy:
Freeman Canopies do need fitting. It is quite simple, and well within the means of DIY. All that is required is some consideration and time, probably best likened to hanging patterned wallpaper!
It is impossible to match the eyelet fittings with the turn buttons on the stern of you boat as they were originally put on by hand in the factory. Leaving out some of the turn buttons and eyelets during the manufacturing stage allows more tolerance for movement and therefore better alignment of the hood to your particular boat.
If you do not wish to fit the hood yourself we can fit the hood to your boat here at Sheridan Marine on the River Thames. If you would like to book a hood fitting please contact us on 01491 652085.
What will I need to help fit my new canopy?
Usually a Stanley knife, a block of wood and a hammer are the only tools required. With a bit of care a bespoke look can be achieved.
A fitting guidance sheet comes with the hood and the Freeman Helpline (most days after 4pm) is open to Freeman Club Members if required.
When can I expect my new canopy?
We try to stock all the common 'Standard' Freeman Cruiser Classic range Canopies in blue PVC as stock and ready for immediate dispatch.
During busy times (for example, Spring time) immediate dispatch may not be possible. We can discuss a more accurate delivery date if you would like to order a canopy by calling us on 01491 652085.
For special order canopies (for example, added extras, canvas canopies or a different colour) you can expect manufacturing times to be around 6-8 weeks from ordering. Please contact us at the time of ordering for a more accurate delivery time.
What happens if my existing canopy is not a 'Standard' canopy?
If you are unsure whether your Freeman Cruiser has a 'Standard' fitting hood or not please contact us on 01491 652085. If your canopy configuration is not 'Standard' we may very well be able to replicate your existing pattern. Usually what will be required to start with is some further details and various photographs of your boat.
Please note: The Freeman Cruiser Canopies held in stock are made to a 'Standard' pattern that has been carefully designed. Today, many Freeman Cruisers may well have been adapted, changed, enhanced and modified since being manufactured so may not be a 'Standard' fit. It is important to identify the canopy you have before trying to fit a 'Standard' Freeman Canopy. We can only pre-fit certain fittings to the hood. To get the best fit to your Freeman you will need to install the final fixings to the hood for your particular boat. Please also note that we cannot accept the return of a hood once fitting has commenced. It is vital that you measure the new canopy accurately and align everything before starting the installation. If you have any questions please contact us.