Gurit SP Ancillary Kit
An epoxy ancillary kit that provides the basic equipment and powders to modify liquid epoxy resins to create a variety of semi-liquid products such as fillers, fairing compounds and adhesives.
Add to your basket...
Gurit SP Ancillary Kit Information
The Gurit SP Ancillary Kit provides the basic equipment and powders to modify liquid epoxy resins to create a variety of semi-liquid products such as fillers, fairing compounds and adhesives.
This epoxy ancillary kit is suitable for use with solvent-free systems including the SP Handipack and SP 106 epoxy resin systems.
SP Ancillary Kit Filler Powders:
- Microballoons:- Hollow spheres serve to increase the volume and reduce the density of any resin system and are used to make adhesive mixes and filling and fairing mixes. They are regularly used for producing easily sanded filling anf fairing compounds, and can also be used for making low density adhesives for low strain applications.
- Microfibres:- For adding strength to a resin and hardener mix used as a structural adhesive, short reinforcing fibres are often added which act in a similar strengthening way to the long reinforcing fibres used in composite construction. The fibres also help to prevent the reisn starvation when bonding porous surfaces.
- Colloidal Silica:- The most common material for modifying the floe properties of a resin mix is colloidal silica. This is a very fine powder which is added in conjunction with other fillers to 'thicken' mixes and reduce their flow on vertical surfaces (increase thixotropy).
Included in the Gurit SP Ancillary Kit
- Microballoons Pot
- Microfibres Pot
- Colloidal Silica Pot
- Woven Glass Tape (50mm x 1m)
- Disposable Gloves (x4 Pairs)
- 12mm Brush (x2)
- Mixing Sticks (x5)
- Mixing Pots (x2)
- SP Filler Guide