Plastimo VAir Rib 2.72m Inflatable Dinghy
A two-toned, rib based, 2.72m inflatable dinghy with removable Air Deck floor for improved comfort and inflatable keel for improved performance complete with light weight aluminium oars & seat and dinghy accessories.
Plastimo VAir Rib 2.72m Inflatable Dinghy Information
The Plastimo VAir Rib Inflatable Dinghy is an innovation in dinghy design featuring an all-improved design and two-toned colour finish. The VAir Rib is a hybrid based on Rib technology & design with inflatable dinghy benefits that offers an exciting means of roaming on the water.
Along with the new square-shaped bow (front nose) - which makes the most of the space on board offering additional comfort for crew and optimum storage area without sacrificing performance or manoeuvrability - the VAir Rib incorporates an Air Deck and an inflatable keel which both add outstanding rigidity and performance in the water when under power. The VAir Rib also comes complete with light weight aluminium oars, aluminium seat and dinghy accessories including a carry bag & inflating pump.
What is an Air Deck?
The Air Deck refers to the type of floor found in the Plastimo VAir Rib Inflatable Dinghy. The majority of dinghies are supplied with slatted wood floors (some feature aluminium floors) which help to make the tender more rigid and stable whilst also providing a sturdy floor to stand on. Air Decks are an inflated floor section which improves comfort on board and also helps with the rigidity of the boat and is usually lighter than the traditional floor designs.
An Air Deck can be a little easier to setup/stow away as you only need to deflate the floor and roll the dinghy up instead of removing the wooden floor slats of traditional designs.
The Air Deck in the Plastimo VAir RIb is manufactured from Heytex® which is a multi-layered, double-wall construction for rigidity with no distortion combined with lightweight and excellent stability. It is also completely removable meaning that you can reduce the weight of the dinghy at anytime if required.
Air Decks can also be blown up using the same equipment that is used to inflate the dinghy.
As with all the new Plastimo Inflatable Dinghies only the best German manufactured material is used - Plastel®. Specially engineered for inflatable tenders, this multi-layered PVC with integrated staple weave base fabric features multiple layers, is highly watertight and offers outstanding resistance to abrasion, UV from the sunlight, and marine environment. Plastel® fabric is recyclable and manufactured and quality assured according to the DIN EN ISO 9001 standard.
This three person and a child inflatable tender is capable of a maximum load of 500kg and its distinctive 'Square-shaped' bow and low line stern cones provides maximum on water stability and optimised planing. With a rear transom, complete with reinforced outboard bracket, the Plastimo VAir Rib 2.72m inflatable dinghy can be fitted with an outboard motor (up to 10Hp 4 Stroke or 7.4Kw) making it a versatile dinghy for a larger family or group to enjoy the water with the capability of higher powered sailing.
The Plastimo VAir Rib Tender also features two enlarged 44cm air chambers for added stability and comfort along with a reinforced inflatable keel which improves performance in the water when under power with no compromise to roll 'n' stow practicality.
- Improved Design - The new square-shaped bow (front nose) on the VAir Rib series makes the most of the space on board offering additional comfort for crew and optimum storage area without sacrificing performance or manoeuvrability.
- Improved Performance - With the all-new, reinforced, lowered stern cones, performance has been improved to optimise planing on the water.
- Air Deck - An inflated floor section manufactured from Heytex® which improves comfort on board and also helps with the rigidity of the boat and is usually lighter than the traditional floor designs.
- Inflatable Keel - The reinforced inflatable keel improves performance in the water when under power with no compromise to roll 'n' stow practicality.
- Heavy Duty - weighing in at 33kg this Plastimo Dinghy provides stability and balance with even more space on board and offering greater capacity for a larger outboard motor.
- Engine Powered - This Plastimo dinghy has a reinforced transom bracket to attach outboard motors up to 10Hp or 7.4Kw in power.
- Quick to Inflate - with three air chambers to inflate the simple foot pump (included) will have you sailing in no time!
- Capacity - with the capability of holding up to 500kg capacity (equivalent to 3 persons and a child) this dinghy has space, practicality and usability in mind.
- 4 Year Warranty - as standard on Plastimo dinghies you have the comforting knowledge that materials and seams are covered - such is the confidence of the build quality.
- Aluminium Oars - detachable and collapsible the oars are positioned in the optimum place for manoeuvrability and operation.
- Grab Rail - a nylon grab rope is positioned around the dinghy to hold on to and it features stainless steel eyes.
- Comfort - an aluminium seat can be placed across the dinghy for rowing and is held in place with robust nylon straps.
- Two Towing Eyes - made of stainless steel which ensures this dinghy can be pulled along with your cruiser until needed.
- Enhanced Fender Strip - A tough moulded strake around the widest part of the dinghy helps to prevent damage caused by abrasion.
- Inflation Valve - High quality 'quick set' valves make for fast inflation and deflation, recessed design protects the valve and eliminates snagging legs or equipment inside the boat. Rubber sealed cover also prevents ingress of sand or water.
- Fuel Tank Straps - For the addition of an external fuel tank for an outboard engine.
- Additional Equipment - complete with repair kit, carrying strap, bellows foot pump and owners handbook.
- Safety - CE marked Category C European Directive 94/25/CE.
Sail with Confidence - 4 Year Warranty
Plastimo design inflatable dinghies to last. That is why they offer a 4 year warranty* on material and seams for the majority of the Plastimo Range offering you peace of mind with your purchase.
*4 year warranty on material and seams.
Plastimo Raid 2 Tender 2.69m Inflatable Dinghy Specifications
|Colour||Grey on Grey|
|Maximum number of persons||3 plus a child|
|Engine Capacity||up to 10Hp 4 Stroke or 7.4Kw|
|Number of air chambers||3 plus 2 Air Deck Chambers|
|Floor||Removable Air Deck|
|Material||Plastel® from German Fabric Manufacturers|
|Rating||Category C European Directive 94/25/CE|