Seabung Breach Control
A revolutionary new skin fitting bung that prevents water ingress through boat skin fittings and allows you to repair or replace seacocks whilst in the water.
Add to your basket...
Seabung Breach Control Information
Seabung appeared on the BBC's Dragons' Den where it received investment by two dragons!
A revolutionary new skin fitting bung that prevents water ingress through boat skin fittings and allows you to repair or replace seacocks whilst in the water. It is able to do this by using the water pressure on the outside of the hull to seal the breach.
The Seabung uses hi-tech materials to provide a durable, strong, yet flexible, outer hull bung which utilises a flexible dome that can be pushed through a skin fitting before 'pinging' back into shape around the skin fitting and stemming the flow of water.
How does the Seabung work?
Using a unique design and shape the Seabung breach control device can simply slot into a skin fitting and prevent water entering the boat (see image for reference). Below is a brief outline as to how the Seabung is designed to work:
- Having turned off the problematic seacock and removed the pipes connected, prepare the correct size Seabung and hold in place.
- Place the Seabung into the top of the skin fitting...
- Open the seacock and push the Seabung through...
- Gently pull the Seabung back against the skin fitting outer - this should now stem the flow of water and prevent water from entering the vessel.
- You should now be able to remove the seacock for repair of replacement.
- Place the repaired or new seacock back on to the skin fitting.
- Remove the Seabung when ready and close the seacock valve, replacing the hose connections ready for use again before finally opening the secock for use.
Each pack of Seabungs comes with two different sizes of bungs, 60mm diameter and 90m diameter, providing bungs which fit holes 19-32mm (approximately 3/4"- 1 1/4") and 25-52mm (approximately 1" - 2").
Please note: With any underwater stin fitting maintenace it is always advisable to seek professional advice before undertaking such work. The 'How does the Seabung work' is an idea as to its purpose of Seabung. The correct proccedure should be obtained and followed for your individual situation. Seabung is not suitable for all applications.