Star brite Non-Toxic Blue Antifreeze
A non-toxic, ready-to-use anti-freeze for boat freshwater system and engine cooling water systems providing cold weather busrst protection down to -73°C (-100°F).
Add to your basket...
Star brite Non-Toxic Blue Antifreeze Information
Star brite Blue Non-Toxic Anti-freeze is a ready-to-use anti-freeze for boat fresh water system and engine cooling water systems providing cold weather burst protection down to -73°C (-100°F).
It contains corrosion inhibitors to help protect against rust and corrosion of aluminium, copper, solder and brass. This non-toxic antifreeze will also not harm rubber or other hoses and gaskets.
Using Star brite Non-Toxic Blue Antifreeze in an Engine
Star brite Non-Toxic Blue Antifreeze can be used in engine cooling systems during the winter by draining the coolant system and refilling with Star brite Non-Toxic Blue Antifreeze. When the engine is recommissioned and put back into service it is best to drain the antifreeze again and replace it with the manufacturers recommended coolant.
This non-toxic antifreeze can also be used in direct cooled engines when laying up.
- Turn off the seacock and remove the seacock cap.
- Start the engine while pouring this non-toxic antifreeze into the seacock.
- The antifreeze will then be circulated around the engine by the water cooling pump.
- Once you see the antifreeze start to appear out the exhaust, stop the engine.
- Then positively fill the seacock with antifreeze to help protect the seacock from bursting.
Using Star brite Non-Toxic Blue Antifreeze in Drinking Water Systems
Star brite Non-Toxic Blue Antifreeze is safe for use in drinking water systems during the winter, however, it is not safe to consume and must be drained from the system before drinking the water again.
- Drain down the water from the water system and tank.
- Drain any hot water calorifier tanks.
- Bypass the hot water calorifier tank by connecting the inlet and outlet hoses together.
- Add the antifreeze to the water tank.
- Pressurise the system by turning the water pump on.
- Then starting with the furthest tap from the tank turn each tap on until antifreeze appears.
- Then turn off the tap and repeat the process on the rest of the taps on the boat or in the caravan.
In the spring when you wish to use the water system again for drinking or washing make sure you flush the system through for at least 20 minutes with fresh water until all the coloured antifreeze has disappeared, then refill the tank with fresh water.
What protection can I expect from this anti-freeze?
Star brite -73°C Burst Protection Non-Toxic Anti-Freeze provides up to -73°C based on a copper pipe filled with this anti-freeze. A PVC pipe filled with this anti-freeze is likely to burst at -62°C. If temperatures are likely to drop below minus 73°C then it is recommended to use an anti-freeze designed to protect against harsher conditions.
Star brite Non-Toxic -100 Blue Antifreeze Dilution
Star brite Non-Toxic Blue Antifreeze can be used neat or diluted, however, diluting the antifreeze reduces the effectiveness of the antifreeze.
|Strength||Copper Burst||PVC Burst||Freeze Protection|
|2:1 (2 Parts Antifreeze to 1 Part Water)||-57°C||-45°C||-22°C|
|1:1 (1 Part Antifreeze to 1 Part Water)||-47°C||-28°C||-12°C|
Star brite Non-Toxic Blue Antifreeze Specification
|Burst protection||-73°C (Copper pipes) / -62°C (PVC pipes)|
|Freeze Protection||-43°C (Copper pipes) / -43°C (PVC pipes)|