The 12 Volt Bible for Boats Book
An introduction to the 12-volt electrical systems used on small boats.
Add to your basket...
The 12 Volt Bible for Boats Book Information
The 12-Volt Bible for Boats is a complete introduction to the 12-volt electrical systems used on small boats to power everything from reading lights to bilge pumps. Written for boaters who are not skilled electricians, it clearly explains how 12-volt systems work and how to install, maintain, and troubleshoot them.
This second edition has been thoroughly updated to include the latest on marine batteries including AGM and gel-cell batteries, multistage chargers, inverters, new wiring conventions, alternative energy sources, and modern test gear.
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1. BASIC THEORY OF ELECTRICITY: A Primer
- Chapter 2. ELECTRIC CIRCUITS: Parts of the System
- Chapter 3. THE BATTERY: Heart of the System
- Chapter 4. THE WIRING: Electrical Veins and Arteries
- Chapter 5. THE CONTROLS: Brains of the System
- Chapter 6. TRANSDUCERS: Things That Do the Work
- Chapter 7. RECHARGING THE BATTERY
- Chapter 8. TROUBLESHOOTING THE SYSTEM