West System Wooden Boat Restoration & Repair Guide
A guide book to restore the structure, improve the appearance, reduce the maintenance and prolong the life of wooden boats with epoxy. Discussing dry rot, framework repairs, planking and more.
West System Wooden Boat Restoration & Repair Guide (BK378)
This item is not currently available
This product has been discontinued and is currently unavailable.
West System Wooden Boat Restoration & Repair Guide Information
A guide book to restore the structure, improve the appearance, reduce the maintenance and prolong the life of wooden boats with epoxy.
This guide is now available free online from West System.
This wooden boat repair and maintenance guide book runs through:
- Introduction: Assessing the feasibility of restoration or repair and the potential of epoxy.
- Evaluating and Inspecting: Analysing the structure for loss of stiffness and dry rot damage, and preparing for work.
- Standard Techniques: Using epoxy products safely and effectively.
- Localised Dry Rot: Repairing small areas of dry rot damage.
- Structural Framework Repairs: Replacing and repairing damaged frames, beams, stems, sheer clamps and keels.
- Hull and Deck Planking Repairs: Repairing various types of planking, including carvel, clinker, plywood and moulded veneer.
- Installing Hardware: Installing hardware with epoxy to increase the load-carrying capacity of the hardware and eliminate deck leaks.
- Protective Coatings and Maintenance: Protecting against UV, finishing and maintaining wooden boats.
This in depth guide to wooden boat repair and restoration features a logical run through of projects, lots of detail and drawn images for explanations along the way.