Ring SmartCharge Battery Charger
Ring SmartCharge battery charger with battery reconditioning, remote battery check and fully automatic seven stage charging cycle.
Ring SmartCharge 16 Amp Battery Charger (EQ253C)
This product has been discontinued and is currently unavailable.
Ring SmartCharge Battery Charger Information
The fast, safe way to correctly test, recondition and charge your lead-acid, gel, calcium or AGM 12V batteries, the seven stage charging cycle is designed to ensure your battery is charged to optimum condition and kept charged with the float charge.
These battery chargers make ideal companions for your boat batteries, whether they be engine start batteries, domestic leisure batteries or electric outboard batteries. They are easy to use yet thorough and packed full of features.
Ring SmartCharge Battery Charger Features
The Ring SmartCharge battery chargers come complete with a built in power cord, output leads with heavy duty crocodile clips, a USB charging socket (for charging portable devices), an LED light to aid visibility while attaching the leads and a hanging hook on the back.
The battery charger features an LED display which displays the battery voltage, charge rate, or the remote battery status. A charge stage indicator shows the progress of the battery currently on charge, highlighting each of the seven steps.
The seven charging stages include:
- 'Desulphation' - Pulse charges the battery to breakdown the build up of lead sulphate crystals (These occur when a battery has been discharged or left unused for a period of time).
- 'Soft Start' - A slow steady build up charge which limits the charging current applied until the battery voltage is above 12v.
- 'Bulk Charge' - Charges the battery at a constant current up to 80% of its capacity.
- 'Absorption' - Charged up to full capacity with a steady decline in charging current to allow the battery to absorb more power.
- 'Battery Test' - The SmartCharge battery charger conducts an automatic discharge test. If further charging is required the battery recondition function is automatically selected. If the battery is fully charged the float charge is automatically selected.
- Reconditioning' - An additional automatic charging stage to recover deeply discharged batteries.
- 'Float' - Maintenance charging to ensure your battery is fully charged. When in this stage the battery can be left connected to the Smart Charge indefinitely. - Ideal for batteries used intermittently or seasonally.
As a guide the SmartCharge 16 will charge from 2-16 amps and is suitable for batteries up to 380Ah.
Remote Battery Status Test
Along with it's charging features the Ring SmartCharge allows you to remotely check the status of your batteries without the need for a mains power connection. The SmartCharge shows batteries charge status as a percentage of it's capacity helping you make the decision whether to remove and charge the battery.
Ring SmartCharge Battery Charger Specifications
|Input Voltage||220-230v (AC)|
|Charging Current||2-16 amps|
|Compatible Batteries||Lead Acid, Gel, AGM & Calcium|
|Compatible Battery Capacities||25-380Ah|
Included in the Ring SmartCharge Battery Charger
- SmartCharge 2-16 Amp Charger
- Integrated Mains (240v) Power Cord
- Integrated Crocodile Clips